ConnectGV own several purpose-built houses to provide supported accommodation and independent living options. Our houses are located close to shops and community facilities which enable increased opportunities and independence whilst also providing individualised support.
To be eligible for accommodation, a goal for living independently must be identified in your NDIS plan and a home and living assessment is required from your Occupational Therapist.
What is Supported Independent Living (SIL)?
Supported Independent Living (SIL) enables NDIS participants to build their skills and capacity to live as independently as possible.
We support our participants’ independent living through tailored solutions and empowering them to exercise choice and control.
We work with participants and families to:
- Develop individual support plans
- Develop and maintain friendships and community connections
- Access social and recreational activities
- Manage and attend appointments
- Shopping and independent living skills, including cooking and domestic duties
- Use public transport
- Manage personal care
- Increase mobility
- Manage medication